Guest Post: Decorating for Fall
This year Raymond and I really wanted to decorate for the fall season. With me being in a new space, I was excited to have a mantle to decorate. My old apartment didn’t have a lot of structure. Thanks to Pinterest for inspiring some of the decor, and thanks to Jessica Barringer and Cheryl Luckett for inspiring me to try new things in the “decor” department.
And … a lot of this stuff came from Goodwill.
Starting from the left:
- Ivy Plants – Garden Ridge
- Everyday decor
- Scarecrow girl – from Raymond’s Grandmaw
- Wheat Grass – Home Goods ($15)
- Be Thankful Burlap Wine Cover – Michaels ($3)
- Candle (Inspired by this post)
- The candle, candle stick holder came from Dollar Tree ($2)
- Already owned the larger cylinder vase
- Dried popcorn – Harris Teeter ($1.50)
- Black candlestick – Goodwill ($1)
- Pumpkin – Harris Teeter ($.50)
- Frame with leaves (Inspired by this post)
- Frame – Goodwill ($4)
- Leaves & Ribbon – Michaels ($4)
- Lantern – HomeGoods ($18)
- Golf picture – I plan to replace this with a mirror for next year.
Entertainment Center Decor
I won’t give the full breakdown of this project, but let me point out:
- Silver candle holder ($1)
- White mini urn ($1)
The jack-o-lantern was inspired by this post. I plan to add moss to the belly of the mouth … whenever I get back over to Michaels. *sigh*
Pumpkin Pie Plate (Goodwill – $4)
Reminds me of the one Raymond’s Grandmaw used.
Everything I love about my favorite season (TJ Maxx – $15)
DIY projects that have yet to be completed. Now they are being used as patio decor.
So — how do you decorate for fall?
If you liked today’s post, then I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment below.
Until next time…