Taking a moment to say thanks
So far, 2012 has been one of the most challenging and one of the most rewarding for many of us at Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont. After a devastating blow to our organization (and the people we serve) back in February, we do not take for granted each and every individual who plays a role in making Goodwill survive and thrive in this community.
- Our donors: Whether you drop off a few items of clothing every month, help your kids clean out their closets while teaching them about the value of giving back, or whether you’ve made a significant financial donation to our organization this year – it takes all kinds of donors to fulfill Goodwill’s mission.
- Our shoppers: Some of you may be new to thrift store shopping, and some of you may stop by Goodwill locations every week. Either way, you make a difference. Whether you’re digging for hidden treasures at our Freedom Drive outlet center, checking out affordable electronics at our Computer Works store, or shopping at any of our 22 locations in the Charlotte area, the money you spend at Goodwill helps fund our job training and employment programs!
- Our team: We currently have 645 team members. That’s 645 individuals working in our stores, our career resource centers, our business enterprises and in our administrative offices. It takes all of us working together to make sure that Goodwill is a great place to shop, a good business partner, and a responsible and caring company.
- Our friends and fans: Do you follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or Flickr? We love sharing snapshots of what it’s like “behind the scenes” at Goodwill using these tools. We hope you will follow along with us. With every “like,” comment, tweet, post or kind word, we are encouraged. Thank you.
- Our clients: The thousands of individuals who come to Goodwill for job training and employment programs. These individuals are the reason Goodwill exists, and their stories inspire us every day. This year, we created a video to help us tell the Goodwill story.
“Not nearly as many people know and understand the depth, professionalism and the scope of services that Goodwill provides and the impact that those services make in the lives of people who are our neighbors.” – Michael Elder, CEO
This Thanksgiving, we are so thankful to be “your” Goodwill.