It’s the season for giving thanks, and at Goodwill, we have a lot to be thankful for!
- Milestones. This year marked our 45th anniversary of changing lives through the power of work. Last year alone, we helped almost 18,000 people in the Southern Piedmont find work. Here’s to another 45 years!
- Donations. In 2009, we received more than 897,000 donations of clothing, household items and furniture totaling more than 55 million pounds, which we turned into funding for job training and employment services for people in our community. Need to make room in your closet for this year’s holiday gifts? Find your closest donation site here.
- Our team members. They accept donations with a smile, process them, help them find homes with new owners in our retail stores, help people from all walks of life find success in the workplace, support one another, make their community stronger–and have a great time doing it.
- Doing good. We are proud to help make our community stronger through our Workforce Development Services and Occupational Skills Training programs. We even have programs for youth!
- You. Without financial and material donations from our community, shoppers in our retail stores and support from our partner organizations and volunteers, none of this would be possible! But you don’t have to take our word for it–click here for a message of thanks from the people whose lives have been changed through your support.
How are you celebrating what you’re thankful for this year?